a very meaningful song
Just yesterday, got an urgent phonecall from Mum during her working hours, and what she had to say was that one of my close childhood friend's Dad passed away in the morning.
Immediately I was stunned. I just couldn't get it into my head. Like oh dear oh man, this can't be true!! I still remember my Mum's voice when she said it, a bit of choked and certainly the shock hasn't worn off her yet.
I'll always remember him as a superb husband and an excellent father. he never lost his patience with his kids, even doted on us (friends of his kids) a lot. He played with us, tickled us, commented on how much we've grown taller, recorded our singing performances in the past and putting them into those pretty little discs for us to take home. He was a very thoughtful man.
They all called me by my chinese name. Every year, we'll go to their house for CNY, then we start playing cards and stuff on CNY goodies, and sometimes he'll pop his head in to look on us. (: Boxing Day brought me bad news that I can never 拜年 to him again. Ever.
This got me thinking, how actually fragile life is, it's like a thin little string, we don't know when it's gonna snap. So treasure your own "string" and cherish the people around you before it's too late. (:
RIP to Uncle. I'm sure Pris and her family must be having a hard time now, but stay strong and take care of yourselves alright. Everything is gonna be okay. Hugs.